just a question

so my friend has had 2 MCs and one right around when i had my DD
she loves helping me with DD
but i can see some hurt in her eyes everytime we hang out
i feel really bad for bring my DD around her after her loss
iv talked to her about it and she says its fine
anyway
i just wanted to know
for u mom's who misscarried was it harder to hang with ur friends who had kids???
and if so did u just lie to them about it being ok to make them feel ok to bring their kid around u???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• IF your friend is okay with it then leave it alone. It is probably a sad thing for her and a little painful but being around your kids may help her healing process. She will let you know if its to much. IN the mean time let her enjoy them as much as you no matter what you see in her eyes.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I Lost a baby, and a week later my best friend found out she was pregnant. We had been pregnant before together, and had our sons 1 day apart (hers bday is the 28th my sons is the 29th). He daughter is 3 now, and I have another healthy baby who just turned 19 months. It was hard for a very long time though. Especially watching her get big and watching her daughter grow when she was first born. It was hard not to say or think, hey I should be doing that right now too. But I didn't hurt so bad that I didnt want to be around her at all. I still love her to death and her little girl, and I kept most of my thoughts to myself for the most part. Your friend is probably just thinkig of where she would be right now if she hadnt lost her baby. Your little one reminds her of that, but not in a bad way, at least for me it wasn't. Having a miscarriage you dont want to forget your baby, and I am sure she (cont)
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• is just remembering about her loss. I dont think she is lying to you, but just that she may not think you understand completely, and there is nothing wrong with that. Just offer a hug or something if you see that look in her eyes. I loved being around my friends daughter, and still do. But I do still (3 yrs later) get that reminiscing, I wonder what my LO would have been like when I get around her, especially around her b-day which is 1 week from my loss's due date.
    Anonymous

• sorry i hit anon on accident when I posted my cont post...it's me too though.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My 2 sisters and I found out we were pregnant at the same time.... weird! But I misscarried, it's been almost 7 years, sometimes I think, holy crap I could have a 7 year old right now, but then I think, it happened because something was wrong and now I have a beautiful, healthy, little girly. MC's hurt, but you can recover.
    MrsG423

Answer by MrsG423 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2009