I'm giving my daughter 2nd foods, but she is chewing them insted of just swollowing them, should I start 3rd foods?

proudmomwifey

Asked by proudmomwifey at 3:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she is chewing her food...why not go ahead and offer her table food and skip stage 3 baby food...saves on money if you don't have to buy something in a jar and can feed her what you have prepared for your own meal. My 8month old eats table food..and he only has one tooth.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 8:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• sure, give it a shot. stage 3 don't really need chewed anyways, they just have more ingredients and maybe slightly thicker consitincey
    Anonymous

• I would say that if you think she can handle the lumpy foods of three's then yes go ahead especially with the fruit because that is not that lumpy.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Try some finger foods. Or homemake thicker textured food for her. Or sure give her 3rd foods.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I skipped 2nd foods and went strait to 3rd foods for the same reason.

Once she got the hang of 3rd foods, I started offering table foods, and now at 11 months (but really since she was 10 months) she has not eaten baby food.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Try it. Can't hurt. The worst she can do is not eat it.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• How old is she? Does she crawl yet? The website (gerber.com) says stage 3 is for crawlers, so if the baby can crawl she can deffinatly handle it. We bought some (our 9 month old accepted baby food VERY late) just to test it out and she did really well. So if you think she can crew it fine, then try it ;)
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 3:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2009