Help!

Here these past few weeks my 8 month old son has become incredibly fussy and is not wanting to take naps or sleep at bed time. I feel like everyday is a battle with him that I am loosing. He fights me on almost everything and I am wondering is this a phase he is going through or should I be worried that it is something more than that? He doesn't have a fever and I don't see any teeth coming through but I'm a first time mommy and I just worry about him. Anything to put my mind at ease would be greatly appreciated!

tannersmomkw08

Asked by tannersmomkw08 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is he eating normally? has anything changed lately like his diet, change in scenery?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Run your finger across his gums and see if you can feel any raised bumps. If he is teething then this is a cause for the attitude issue. Other than that Momma, he's being a baby and it will pass.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Oh Im sure its just a phase. Just dont give in and give him whatever he wants.
    He will then expect it. If its not that then I would def. think it was teething. That was the first
    thing that came to my mind. You might not see them but they could be moving down.
    bmattacch

Answer by bmattacch at 3:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Sounds like he is starting to test you! If nothing is wrong, you need to let him cry it out for a little bit before he naps/goes to sleep. He wants to see if he can get away with not napping/not going to bed.
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 3:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• He puts up a fight when it comes to eating and its practically the same things that I have been feeding him. I was pretty sure he was teething a first because that is how he acted when he got his first two teeth but this has been going on for awhile now.
    tannersmomkw08

Answer by tannersmomkw08 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My son did that to.. He's also 8 months and I found a tooth.. His gums never swelled up or anything.. I just felt in there one day and there it was.. And now that it's through. He is still that way.. I think it's a fase.. Or I sure hope it is lol
    Anonymous