15 month old extremly picky eater!!!!!!!!!! HELP

My daughter is 15 months old and she is soooo picky... one day she will love a certain kind of food then never again wil she eat it.. past couple of days she will not eat anything she is worrrying me so much. what can i do

nesamama

Asked by nesamama at 3:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep putting it on her plate, apparently this is supposed to help. At least thats what i read, it also said in the article that the bigger deal you make of it, the harder it is to make them eat it. So, maybe just try putting small bits of different stuff on her plate, make no big deal about it & hopefully she will try it & like it. The earlier the better!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• my three year old has been that way since he started eating solid foods. i give him v8 juice, v8 fusion, v8 smoothie. he loves them all. he eats chicken nuggets, spaghetti, and any kind of junk food you can think of. if you are really worried she isn't getting enough nutrition you can get her that stuff called pediasure. it's good and it will give her what she needs.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• She will eat when she is hungry. You will make yourself sick and crazy to get her to eat. I have a 4 yr old son who is very picky and has been since he started eating anything but baby food. I used to want to pull my hair out when he wouldn't eat what I gave him, and it just wasn't worth it. Now that he is 4 I know what he will eat and won't eat. I will try to give him foods to try and well he doesn't try them, but there is also other stuff on his plate that I know he will eat. my son shocked me the other day when we were at the store, he wanted carrots, I bought them. We got home he ate half the bag. Good luck!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• also let her eat with her fingers. let her feed herself and be patient and consistant. keep offering her all the foods she needs and try to make it fun.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I have to add, this about my son. He is so picky, he has never even tried his own b-day cake!! Does not like anything sweet. I gave him an M&M once, he almost puked. The only sweet/candy thing that he will eat is Dum Dum suckers, and has only 2 flavors that he will eat.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• She will not starve herself todeath. If she doesn't eat what is given, then just make her wait till next meal or snack. I promise you, she will not die of starvation, she will cave and start eating what is given to her.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My son is 15 months also and he is very picky. Just keep offereing her foods and she may change her mind. When my son doesn't want to eat what we are eating I will make him a turkey hot dog or pb&j so he will have something in his tummy. Sadly he practically lives off of turkey hot dogs and goldfish crackers! (and boobie milk, he's still breastfed)

Don't worry so much about what she is eating, as long as she is eating something.
    ronisaurus

Answer by ronisaurus at 3:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• ~~~I WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE GREAT OPIOIONS THEY REALLY HELPED ME NOW I CAN CALM DOWN..LOL...THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH
    nesamama

Answer by nesamama at 4:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• You can also try hiding healthy things in things she will eat. For example putting pured carrots in Mac and Cheese, mixing in Nutritional yeast into mashed potatos, ect.
    Much Love
    Alex
    alex

Answer by alex at 4:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My 2 year old daughter is a picky eater too. It's hard for her to eat fruits and vegetables. She only likes junk food but I can't give it to her all the time. I don't want her to gain too much weight. Anyway, I coax her into making her think they're candy flavored. Since she loves candy, it usually does the trick especially with fruit. Her mind thinks that certain candy might taste like carrots. So, she's a little confused but it helps. Now she eats her veggies and fruits all the time! You can also mix things with something that she eats. I do that too!
    QueenBee319

Answer by QueenBee319 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2009