my 5 month old son has a fit if u not always talking or playing with him. this is my 1st child so im wondering is this normal?

michele101183

Asked by michele101183 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• awww he just wants attention thats all... my daughter is the same way and she is 15 months old. she was the same way...
    nesamama

Answer by nesamama at 3:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i'm not sure if it's normal because i'm a first time mommy too but my son is the same way. he's now 7 1/2 months and he hates playing by himself so i'm right there with ya
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• hehehehehehehehe, oh the fun it is to have a baby. mine does the exact same thing. him just loves his mamma is all! I know it's hard to do it all the time. as much as you do need to pay attention to him. give him some tummy time and let him explore his world by himself for a while too. he needs to understand that you two can coexist if he's not clinging on to you. good luck! and lots of kisses to dat baby!
    Anonymous

• It's normal. Each child is different though. I'm a frst time mom too and my son was that way when he was little. Eventually he started crawling and walking and now he plays by himself a lot. One thing he really enjoyed when he was younger was his jumperoo. We got him one that looked like a horse and played music.

Don't stress too much about it though. He's only going to be little for so long. Just enjoy your time with him! :)
    ronisaurus

Answer by ronisaurus at 3:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2009