Is anyone happy anymore? Or am I just lucky?

I'm so sorry. Not trying to rub anything in, just reading all the posts about bad husbands and unhappy marraiges and the everpresent cry for divorce. I AM SO HAPPY. My husband loves me unconditionally. He helps out around the house, is furthering his education to get a better paying job for us, pays attention to me, pauses the video game at any moment to love up on me. He shares EVERYTHING about the baby with me. Night shifts, day shifts, poopie diapers, uncontrollable crying, sicky time. Sure, he's a guy and does his guy stuff too, but he always has time for me and the baby. I work full time, he tries to make sure there's food on the table, jumps up when I come in to hug and kiss me. Sex isn't a chore, and he understands if I'm too tired. We're perfect together. Is there no one else out there who is happy they made the choice to get married? Or that will work through whatever problems that arise? Please don't be mad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• HOw long have you2 been married?
    Anonymous

• I am absolutely happy.
    I think we are women who have things to be upset about but are so in love with our SO and our babies that the bad things dont matter. I recognise that I have things in my life that some women would call a crisis but I just dont care. I love my fiancee so much. He is so perfect for me. I love him to death and my daughter is beautiful!!!!!!
    You arent not normal for being satisfied!
    It great!
    CONGRATULATIONS
    My fiancee is joining the Army...we are moving and getting married.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am happy! My husband helps around the house, with the kids, loves all the time he gets to spend with them, makes an effort to be sweet to me, etc. He bought me a Thomas Kinkade book a couple of days ago at the mall while I was getting the massage he forced me into. ;)

I love him very much and we talk through anything that comes up.

However, he's not home a lot and sometimes goes away for long periods of time due to his job. (He's in the Army).
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am very happy to!!! No one is perfect but I have found the perfect man for me. We are so good together. I think it is wonderful when someone finds the one that makes them happy because many women aren't that lucky and I think that is why they get get upset. When I was w my asshole of an exhusband...I was salty towards women who were happy...because I was jealous. I wanted them to eat shit....lol. Now that I am happy I wish everyone could find that someone special. Everyone deserves to be happy and loved
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would add you right now just because I am glad there are other people in the world who are happy. But you are anon.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I was thinking the same thing..How long have you been married???

On the other hand,,you might have stumbled on one of those rare men..That is truly a good man.
    If so keep ahold of him tight..Or you will loose him..LOL

Answer by louise2 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am happy, I will say that it took a while for my DF to get used to it not being just him anymore, but he tries very hard to make me happy and do little things for me and yes he helps w/ our son, he is a GREAT dad, even if I bitch at him for something he tries to make to better, we talk about things and dont think about the negative unless we have to
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I like to read what you have to said, I am sometimes happy, like everybody I have bad days, (maybe are the hormones????), but I truly believe in work in a marriage , I mean, try to focus in the good stuff, like you, and the bad stuff, try to work it out, nothing is perfect, being happy all the time in my perspective is not real. answer to your question, I am happy with my marriage, with the choice I made. I love my family, and I love the way my husband is. He is his own person, I think the problem with many marriages is that you want the other person became what you want him to be.

sami7jami8

Answer by sami7jami8 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am so pleased to hear of your happiness you all. ((hugs))
    I am also happy. I have had sad times in my life, but my husband is a good man, I have a job that I mostly like, and I am content with our small house. Our sons are settled with families. We have food on the table and some money in savings. I am comfortable with my religious beliefs. My husband and I are reasonably healthy. So yes, I am happy.

Answer by Bmat at 3:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• simple smilei am perfectly happy in my marriage too. we have had our problems with EVERYTHING it seems. but we always work through it. my husband is a marine and i absolutely love being a military wife. it has its upsand downs but more ups. i know i am young and have only been married a year and a half but i wouldn't change it for the world and i know we are going to have more problems throughout ur marriage but im 100% ok with working through them.

bare121807

Answer by bare121807 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2009