~Help....can anyone recommend anything to get rid of acne scars?~

After my twins were born six years ago, all of a sudden I developed acne out of no where, I am still struggling with it and i have blemish looking brown spots after the pimple finally goes away. Does anyone know what i shoud do for the scarring? and if you know any remedies to help the acne I would love to hear about that also. thanks.

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i've been struggling with acne for YEARS as well. I've gone on antibiotics to clear it up before, that works well and I'll probably get another prescription soon... As far as the scars go, most of them will probably heal themselves in 3 - 6 months... neosporin can help, and mederma is popular for scars too... however, when I used it, I was too impatient- it takes at least a month (i think) to see results, and it's expensive. Good luck! You should see your primary care physician and see if they can prescibe you something to try before sending you to a dermatologist.
    AlleyK

Answer by AlleyK at 3:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Micro-dermabration. It will take several treatments. But each time the skin gets smoother and smoother. There is no magic cream that will make it smoother.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Thanks guys!! i am going to try the micro-dermabration....can i buy it over the counter? wich one shoud I use?
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I have the same problem! I use a toner, you can get them at any drug store. They are in the face wash area. I use Olay Refreshing Toner twice a day and it helps with the dark spots!
    Anonymous

• Avon makes great products for this problem. For the acne itself try the Clearskin Professionals acne clearing kit. I use this product and have had great results. Using Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel with help with the acne scarring and to make your face softer and younger looking. For fading the scars use the Anew Alternative Clearly C 10% Vitamin C Serum.
    You can use all three at the same time although I would use one set in the am and one in the pm or you can try one at a time. Try them at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping! Good Luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 7:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009