Hmm,wonder what it is

Anyways taking little dog to vet at 5:00. Not because he is sick , but everynow and then, like maybe once every 2 weeks if that he will spit up a little. Not really puke, but just a little bit of yellow (sort of foam looking ) throw up. And then run along his merry way.Never acts sick or slows down. But it is time to get his heartworm pills renewed so i am going to have himchecked. What coudl it be? His heartworm pills are suppose to protect against all worms except tape i think. But havn't seen any worms. ANd he only east dog food. I do not allow him to have people food. And he is inside only. Only goes outside to potty or if i am out there. I know before i have taken him in for things, and they said well if he isn't doing it now an isn't sick, we can't do anything. I'm like your a vet , you dont' have a guess as to what it MIGHT be? Anyways, jsut wanted to see if anyone knew anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pets

• mine has done that shortly after a bath- could he be drinking soapy water?

(Shih Tzu- has a tongue as big as his head-lol)
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 3:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't think, i bathe him in the sink (he is tiny) and havn't noticed him dringkin the water. I will have to pay more attention as totimes he does it though.
    Anonymous

• Maybe some heartburn. I am curious now and hope you'll post a followup about him.

Answer by Bmat at 3:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• does he eats grass when let out, that is the only time i see my dogs have the same stuff you mentioned. i think they do it to get rid of any stomach aches they might have and the color is from their stomachs. i don't think it's worms at all. let us know though.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I was told this could be allergy related.
    on another site it said
    "This also happens occasionally to my German Shepard. My only explanation is that she has gotten into something strange outside, to which she is allergic. She has a sensitive stomach; and if I watch her while shes outside this doesint seem to happen. -- I do know this, throwing up yellow bile means that the stomach is empty; theres nothing else to throw up. It is most likely an allergic reaction of some kind. "
    Anonymous

• Have you notice him eating grass when outside? Sometimes if dogs don't feel good, they'll eat some grass then end up "coughing" it back up. Have you changed dog foods recently? That could do it too. Or maybe he's chewing or eating something inside or outside that doesn't sit well with him, so up it comes? Hope your Vet can help you out with this one.
    kicknscreamn222

Answer by kicknscreamn222 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Does he do it when it's been awhile since his last meal? Like early in the morning or late at night? I have one dog that sometimes likes to skip a meal and if I don't give her some treats she will throw up, but since she hasn't eaten anything, it's more like spit up. If that is the case, try giving a couple of treats before bedtime or when it's been awhile since his last meal.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009