UMD fights to show hardcore porn to students using tax dollars

Do you think Universities should have the right to show hard core porn to college students using tax dollars?

legalmommy101

Asked by legalmommy101 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• And this would benefit them HOW?

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• To what end?
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 3:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't understand the motive. Why are they fighting to show their students porn? Sounds VERY strange.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Why would they specifically need taxes dollars to show porn? My friend took a human sexuality class and they showed porn in the class.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 3:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Porn and UMD  They did cancel the show after being told they would lose funding but they are still fighting this so called "censorship".

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I also understand that the formal prayer held before graduation which was said to be all inclusive was banned.
    Anonymous

• all they need is an internet......no tax dollars involved except for the computer they already had. I'm sure they could also get PLENTY of free porn donations from college students.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I'm a little confused here. This is university level, and I know full well that each person (or parents) pay tuition for their education. Soooooooooooo why didn't they send the parents permission slips LOL!!
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 3:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Are they going to withdraw their funding over the Vagina Monologues next?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• They aren't withdrawing funding for films shown in the classroom setting. The porn that was suppose to be shown was for "leisure" not education. Furthermore...out of their budget they want to spend 1.1 million on hardcore porn. I don't think it's right that tax payers should have to fund the expensive porn habits of college students. Like another poster said, porn is free on the internet. Hardcore  doesn't have a place in an institution of higher education period.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2009