Is mac make up worth buying?

as we all know this mac make up is expensive but is it worth it? I think it looks flawless on woman, but is it to greasy, over drying or anything like that. I dont want to get it if its not worth the money, so can anyone let me know? thanks

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I dont like it.. i have oily skin and it doesnt help.. i think covergirl is to much for the money also.. those lipsticks that are to stay on 24/7 always dry my lips out no matter how much of the gloss i put on..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• depends what you need... eye shadow are good, as of cover up never tryed it..
    I've been usin bere minirals for years.
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am a big MAC shopper! I started just buying the eye shadows and eyeliner and for my birthday one year my friend took me to get my make up done by them. I loved all the products they used and purchased the facial primer ,it makes your skin SO soft and helps keep you makeup on longer, the foundation was amazing and they helped me find the perfect color to match my skin, I love the lip glosses and blush also. I dont recommend just going in and picking out a foundation or blush on your own, ask them to help you! They will make sure you get the exact match for your skin. I have always just bought drug store cosmetics and always had issues with the colors not matching and it just not looking natural! Now I get compliments on how flawless my skin looks! I recommend trying out their products! :)
    Anonymous

• Honestly, with makeup it's all in your skin type and what your looking for your makeup to do. Unless you're one of those people who wear makeup like, you wear your underwear (every day) I wouldn't reccomend purchasing it. Because well it is expensive, and I've found that there are many drug store cosmetic brands that work just fine. Me, myself, I use everything from MAC, to Maybeline, to Smashbox, to Cover Girl, to Urban Decay and just about everything in between. It's just all about playing with different brands and stuff and finding what works best with your skin. Theres not any makeup in the world thats going to work exactly the same on any 2 individuals.
    MFStephNC

Answer by MFStephNC at 8:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i ALWAYS LIKED MAYBELLINE AND WANTED TO TRY MAX FACTOR-BONNE BELL IS GOOD
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I've used Mac, but prefer Estee Lauder. Bare Minerals is THEE best foundation in the world though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• my daughter used to work for mac and was always trying to get me to use the stuff.i thought it was way to thick.my daughter says it is theatrical makeup...i think cover girl foundation is just as good.i like clinique blush.but for lips i use channel i dont buy it all the time but my lips have weird pigment and the color always changes and channel is the only one i found that doesnt.but mac seems to go into my poors.i have to say though the girl that did my daughters makeup for her wedding did use mac and i gotta she was the most stunning woman ive ever seen.she works for mac main office.(dont tell my daughter)
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I'm a HUGE "MAC" buyer but I've recently been hearing alot of good stuff about a makeup called scandalous cosmetics I'm curious about trying it out. If you go to Youtube, they have tutorials on there makeup.

Anonymous

• I use mac,and nyx.Nyx is affilated with mac.The other one that is good is mary kay and victoria secret makeupI love mac the most the eye shadow lasts eight hoursand the foundation is flawless what is good also is a primer from benefit.I love makeup and have so many from all types of brands.But the best is mac,mary kay,nyx and benefit.They last a long time on.
    Anonymous

• i have very oily skin - and i love mac. i get a full coverage compact and apply with a huge powder brush. covers great and keeps my oil under control. i always use a moisturizer as well. i love my mac makeup.
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2009