1 1/2 cm and 80% efaced

i was wondering how long... the doctor told me she would be suprised if she saw me next tuesday.. she told me she was the first person to touch him... she felt his head..... do u think that i will go.. any tips on how to move this along... im 38 1/2 weeks

1sttymmom409

Asked by 1sttymmom409 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No one can tell you. I was dilated to 3 for weeks
    Anonymous

• haha I heard that soooo much when I was pregnant. For a whole month actually. Everytime I went in they would say ohhh im sure we wont see you next time. I was 2 1/2 cm dialated and 65% effaced for a WHOLE MONTH. If you havent had him by your next visit I would request to get your membranes stripped. To help before then i would WALK WALK WALK WALK. Also you should buy a rubber exercise ball and straddle it and bounce up and down. That will help too. I hope I helped you some. Feel free to message me if you have any other questions goodluck!!
    bmattacch

Answer by bmattacch at 3:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I think it will be soon. How exciting! I hope you are all packed and have the baby things washed and ready. Maybe some meals in the freezer. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 3:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• my friend was 3cm and 50%effaced for a week and nothing. She had to be induced yesterday cause she was a little over her due date which was april 8th.
    Anonymous

• you can try having sex just not too rough. just because doc can feel baby's head doesn't mean your hubby will. have your husband give you a perineal massage. the doc does it to speed up your labor. you can google it and find out how to do it. you could stay at 1 1/2 and 80% for two weeks i did. i went walking at a park with my husband a couple times and it started my labor the same night we went on our last walk. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• well Idk. I am 20 weeks and a cm dilated and have been so since I was 18 weeks! It all depends.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• walk a lot...

Did she offer to strip your membranes?
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• no they didnt mention strippin membranes.. i'll ask at my next appointment...
    1sttymmom409

Answer by 1sttymmom409 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2009