Why wouldn't they give her the death penalty?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090414/ap_on_re_us/girl_in_suitcase

It infuriates me when they say things like they havn't decided weather or not to seek the dealh penalty. That bitch killed a young innocent girl. Lets just put her in prision and feed her for the rest of her life. No she should be killed just like she did that little girl. If that were my daughter they wouldn't have to worry about sending her to trial becuase they would be sending me for killing her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• idk that woman is sooo sick. She needs the death penalty!
    bmattacch

Answer by bmattacch at 3:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i'd like to do to her what she did to that little girl:(
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• If she is deemed mentally ill, they won't give her the death penalty.
    I think the death penalty is wrong anyway.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 4:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Along with the mentally ill argument, they also might not have ENOUGH evidence to do so.. I could be wrong though.
    Anonymous

• You think the death penalty is wrong? How on earth? She killed someone and an innocent child at that. Lawyers try to convince people to claim they are mentally ill to avoid getting the death penalty. And idiot people like you on jurys end up believing it. There are very few who are truly mentally ill. The rest are just sico, pathetic, sorry human beings who deserve to be treated the way they have treated someone.
    Anonymous

• I know if I was facing life in jail without parole, Id rather them kill my ass..
    Anonymous

• There may be some states that won't allow a lesser charge to be considered if the prosecution is going for the death penalty. The prosecution has the burden of proof, and this makes it much harder to acquire a guilty verdict. It's not impossible though, since Scott Peterson got the death penalty and much of the evidence in that case was circumstantial.

Anonymous

• I think that killing someone is wrong, no matter what they have done. Killing a murder isn't going to bring back the victim.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 5:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• The problem with California is that if they seek the death penalty and win, she'll spend the next 30 years on Death Row facing appeal after appeal. That's way more costly than just giving her life in prison. Child killers, ESPECIALLY women, are not treated well by other inmates. I think getting beat on every day by other women would be what she deserves. I am very supportive of the death penalty, but not the endless appeals. Maximum of 2 appeals - if neither pass, off she goes.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• There are many reasons why they wouldn't seek the death penalty. One being that if she fully confesses and waives some of her rights during the court proceedings.

I beleive in the death penalty and think we should use it more!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009