Who is at fault, is this being accountable?

A family awaits their State tax refund to go on a Florida vacation, and the refund doesn't come when they expect it. $2000, Now they are on television complaining the government screwed up their vacation and should pay them for their loss. Stating the government should be more accountable with the refunds, it's been 10 weeks since filing.
What did they do with the Federal refund??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh geez- they are idiots. Thats all im gonna say..

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I hope that they don't get any money from it other than their original refund. They should have planned better.

The "schedule" that refunds are sent out are an estimation...I got my state refund back 2 months after I filed. But I live in California and was surprised I got a refund at all - it was rumored that we would get "IOU's".
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• People these days will find anything and everything to sue a person for! I think they should not get anything, and should have to pay for the court fees and whatever! People need to be more responsible. Put the vacation on a cc and pay it off when you get the refund!!!
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 4:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Anyone who counts on spends/plans before they have money in hand is a fool, imo....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• They should raise their deductibles and stop loaning the government money for free.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 4:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Why would they count on money they didn't have in their hands? Economics 101. Don't spend what you don't have. Wait... Crap...... Nevermind.
    Anonymous

• "Don't spend what you don't have. Wait... Crap...... Nevermind. "

BAHAHAHHAHAHA

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• LOL... Yea, it's hard to find a good example of proper economic policies when our own Government spends money it doesn't have, is it... LOL... Hence Tea Parties :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• There's an old saying... Never count your chickens before they hatch.

Who's at fault? They are for spending money they did not have in their hands. Idiots.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Once again some people turn it to politics when its really not about that issue...this is Politics AND Current Events...

I say its their own fault for planning on money before they actually had it.

: CarolynBarnett----I'm in Cali too and right there with ya! LOL
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2009