Is it okay to bring a 4 year old boy into a public ladies room with you because:

a) He is still in potty training and needs his diaper or training pants changed
b) You don't want to send him into the men's room alone
c) You need to go to the bathroom and can't leave him alone
If you answered NO to any of these, what is the alternative?

MommySue64

Asked by MommySue64 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it's absolutely fine.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 4:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• There is NOTHING wrong with taking your son in the bathroom with you.
    bmattacch

Answer by bmattacch at 4:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• You dont need reasons ABC, there are WAYYYY to many pervs out there.

Any woman of any age should understand why he's in there and if they dont, screw em' !! Your childs safety is WAYYY more important.

My 5.5 year old still goes in with me, I would never send him into a mens hell hole by himself. lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I always did, untill my kids were about 5 or so, I got alot of wierd looks because of it, but you could tell which other moms had little ones because they always seemed to understand. at about 5 mine wanted to go to the mens room, and I would stand outside freaking out the whoile time, and yelling in there for them every few minutes. Then my 2nd son found out I couldnt go in there at all and would start to take a really long time, laying in the sink and stuff...I hated it for the longest time.
    Anonymous

• playing in the sink, lol, sorry typo
    Anonymous

• Oh and most large stores like walmart and target have FAMILY bathrooms. Just one big room so you can see all your kids at the same time and still pee. lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• pee right in front of your 4 year old son (or older)??? really? no door or anything?
    Anonymous

• Usually he goes with daddy but if I am alone with him I take him to the ladies room and he's 5. I would never send him in the mens room alone at 5.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• To the A-hole anon. I made mine turn around, but, yes he was there.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• The thing that is totally inappropriate and should NOT be done is when you are at a swimming pool locker room and there is naked ladies walking around and someone has there 6 yr old son in there with them. I walked around a corner to shower, and saw a boy starting at me naked....sorry, but I am a stranger to him, and he should not see me naked! Nor do I wanna worry about being seen by little boys. Boys, not toddlers is what I'm talking about
    Anonymous