Pampered Chef

Anyone sell Pampered Chef? How do you do? Is it easy for you to set up cooking shows? Whats your gross monthly sales? I just signed up to be a consultant. I love there stuff, at the least i get a discount right. So I am setting up my product page and all but how do you market yourself? Besides your family who do you get to buy from you? All of my friends here have gone and left, and I dont get out much. Ideas for getting people to host a show??

Vanessannd

Asked by Vanessannd at 4:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• I signed up last year to be a consultant. For the first 7 months I was a consultant I put everything I earned ($200 or so a month) right back in to my business, buying things that they don't give you with the kit that people will be interested in. I stopped after 7 months. I did well enough at shows but people just didn't have the money to spend on frivouls cookware, the economy is really not good right now for starting in to it. No matter what the person who recruited you says.
    Anonymous

• BTW, good luck. I hope that it works out better for you than it did for me. I think i am just too kind hearted because I know how we struggle to just make ends meet and I know that everyone else is too. I just didn't have the heart to take their extra money.
    Anonymous

• I sold it a few years ago. I love, LOVE the product, but I had a hard time getting bookings. You can only go through so many family members and friends before you run out. I did not get very many bookings from non-family or non-friends. But I did get a lot of really great stuff! Good luck!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am with Gold Canyon. The difference between the two is that re-orders are more often then that with Pampered Chef. I love their cooking products. I have lots of utencils in my kitchen that have the PC logo on them :)
    I just posted to all my groups "For All Northern Virginia Moms~Open House" letting them know that I will be hosting a open house style party. Just posted it tonight so not sure how this will work. Another idea is to choose 10 people that would be willing to do a purchase of one item that you choose each month, for arounf $28. Now each person takes turns each month being the one who benifits from the hostess rewards. This really works great, of course you need to make sure that these 10 friends are in the same area so delivering the products are with-in "reach".
    Do you have a web site? I have a few more ideas if you want to pm me. Good Luck!
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I love PC, but when I was investigating businesses, I did not want to sell something that was guaranteed for life - the only way to grow your business is to have to keep finding new people. Plus even now, there is only so many kitchen utensils I can use.

I chose a consumable product. Every time someone takes a shower or washes their face, takes vitamins, drinks an energy drink, I make money.

Good luck with your business
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 3:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I just signed up for Pampered Chef about a Month ago, and I think it depends on your personality how well this product works for you. My director has been doing it for five years, she does great, and has completely replaced her job as a nurse with her own business. I on the other hand signed up pretty much with the mindset that I needed new cookware anyways.... I liked the products and hoped to use it to get out of the house more. I don't think I will ever make a fortune doing this, mostly because I don't really know enough people to make this work as a full time job. If you are a social bug though, this is just the job for you, because it really is a lot of fun, you're getting paid to party more or less. If you know a ton of people who will help you get your business started by hosting parties for you, then this really could be a lucrative opportunity and I would suggest checking it out!
    BeccaMom2Lillia

Answer by BeccaMom2Lillia at 9:45 PM on May. 17, 2009