Do you think my IUD has moved?

Hi ladies. I had an IUD put in 6 months ago because my Doctor thought it would be a good idea because im in the process of lossing alot of weight and it wouldnt have been a good idea to get pregnant. Well I hvae lost 125 lbs and im sure im a fertile mertile. Anyways hubby and I have a 2 year old, and we have been wanting another one so bad, but we needed to wait. A month ago I did do a pregnany test and I was pregnant but 2 days later I miscarried at only 3 weeks. My doctor didnt feel the need to check me and said that everything would just come out on its own and it did, but she said to just keep the IUD in. Well hubby says he can feel it now and that it hurts him. Now im starting to wonder if it has moved or slipped or something since I got pregnant and he can feel it. We are now ready to get pregnant especially after having the excitement of being pregnant and then losing it. Has this happened to anyone?

MommyAmbie

Asked by MommyAmbie at 4:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• No but I wanted to congratulate you on losing the 125 that's awesome girl stick with it!!

Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 4:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would insist that it be taken out. If he bumps it .it can permanently damage you. Besides since youe have baby fever I would go ahead with it:) GL o and try not to have sex till it is out
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 4:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Omg.. really? It can damage me? thats scary.. I had no idea. I was going to have it taken out next week sometime since hubby is workin outta town and we dont have sex during the week anyway, but that scares me. Thanks for telling me!
    MommyAmbie

Answer by MommyAmbie at 4:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• WOW 125 lbs that is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!! when I had my IUD put in 4 years ago my doctor told me if for any reason i thought I was pregnant to call right away and that the IUD had to be taken out right away HMMMMMMMMM if your hubby can feel it I would also get inright away to have it check and if you decide removed. Good luck with everything! If you feel comfortable let us know how you make out?
    Sincerely, Denise
    ptogonewild

Answer by ptogonewild at 11:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Thanks everyone. Well I did try to have it removed right after I found out I was pregnant but the doctor wasnt going to be able to see me for a few days but I MC before that. I was super worried about having it in, and I knew that it had to come out ASAP. Still trying to get an appointment to have this thing taken out.
    MommyAmbie

Answer by MommyAmbie at 4:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2009