• In the Spotlight:

"The stimulus is coming, the stimulus is coming!"

at least that is what my fiance says. I know it isn't coming and I am getting tired of his ignorant food hole gaping open to tell me that we will get our son a twin bed (the boy is out growing his toddler bed) with the money from the stimulus check. if some one still has a link rolling around in their book marks that proves it isn't coming could they please send it my way? I need something to remove his head from his butt.

I swear, men. ~insert frustrated sweet pea here~

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 4:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Misconception #1: Most people will get their stimulus money as a check this year.
    Instead of receiving a check from the government, most single taxpayers will see an adjustment to their tax withholding in their paychecks in 2009 and 2010, giving them about $45 extra per month for the rest of this year (married workers will receive an extra $65). If you're self-employed, you can adjust your quarterly tax payments to benefit from the tax credit. Then you will claim the credit when you file your 2009 tax return next spring, bringing your tax bill in line with your reduced payments. The stimulus also provides a one-time payment of $250 to recipients of Social Security, Railroad Retirement and Veterans Administration benefits.(People who applied for any of these benefits for the first time after January 31 don't get the money; only those on the rolls in November and December 2008 and January 2009 are eligible.)
    Anonymous

• Google it,
    Anonymous

• lol.. to funny..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• LOL!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Are you Dependent on Public Assistance? If so, then he is counting on that money. You will receive a one time check of $250. Which is less than the $13/week those with paying jobs receive.

Anonymous

• President Obama recently signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. This act provides for the one-time payment of $250 to individuals who get Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security benefits.
    We expect everyone who is entitled to a payment to receive it by late May 2009. No action is required on your part.

Thats all i know so far but you know how things are their alwayyys subject to change!

http://search.ssa.gov/search?q=stimulus+2009&output=xml_no_dtd&sort=date%3AD%3AL%3Ad1&ie=UTF-8&client=default_frontend&oe=UTF-8&proxystylesheet=default_frontend&proxyreload=1
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• $540-780 (spread out over a period of a year) for those of us who work, $250 for those on SSI.
    Anonymous

• Must be nice getting free money.
    People who are working their a$$ off every day are paying for you to "get your check"
    Enjoy!
    Anonymous

• Nobody is paying for my extra 250 check, except me, which I put my taxes in social security, so I have the right to draw it, so you dont like it oh well its ur problem.
    Anonymous

• I get mine next month, and I dont just sit on my ass either, except for the next 2 weeks.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2009