my 2 years old gets cold all the time in daycare, what can i do to increase his immune system?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Vitamin C, orange Juice, tablets, That should help son thats what I give my son when he starts to get sick
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Maybe you just need to put warmer cloths on him.

Answer by louise2 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Leave him be, aside from the first poster about vitamins. The colds in and of themselves aid in growing his immune system. In another year or two, he won't get as sick.
    Anonymous

• Be aware that too much vitamin C acually weakens the immune system.
    If you want to give him children's vitamins, be sure to read the label. Most say to give a 1/2 tablet (or less) at this age. And remember that every cold he catches makes his immune system stronger. It may be awful now but he won't get as many colds when he hits school.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• His immune system will get stronger on its on. Nothing much you can do beside healthy meals and vitamins.
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 7:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• We've been having the same problems! In addition to colds and flues, my son had 3 ear infections last year. And I've been catching most of the stuff from him myself. We've been getting pretty much same answers as above - eventually his (and hopefully my) immune system will get stronger and this will stop.
    Natashkis

Answer by Natashkis at 9:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2009