What is it like going in to labor?

What I mean is, are there signs before actual labor or do you just wake up at 3 am having contractions.

I don't mean like braxton hicks increasing because I've had them pretty much constantly for the past few months.

With my first I had my membranes swept and that slowly started little menstrual like cramps a few days before I actually went in to labor. I'm trying to go for as intervention free as I can and that means no inducement of any kind so I was just wondering if it was different?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Like I told my DD..You will know when you are in labor...You will be in PAIN..My back hurt..It felt like someone was  pulling me apart down their.

Answer by louise2 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My back would hert then go away we were in Kmart, and it did that for two days and then they just pergressively got stronger
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I started my labor at 3am on Saterday morning with light contractions, much like cramps, every 15 minutes. It slowly progressed though out the day and didn't actually start getting painful until around 9pm that night. At 11pm I finally went into the hospital and gave birth at 3:46am on Sunday morning.

My labor (from VERY beginning to end) lasted 24 hours, but it was gradual and nice. I was able to go to the mall that afternoon, make phone calls to let people know it would be soon, etc.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I just woke up in a puddle of water in the bed. I guess I slept through it all.
    bmattacch

Answer by bmattacch at 4:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• lol, thanks ladies
    Anonymous

• i had very loose bowels the night I had real contractions. i knew it was my body preparing itself because I performed reflexology on my ankles that day
    Anonymous