• In the Spotlight:

For my Pagan Sisters...

I believe I may be in a class by myself when I say that I have a firm belief in demons. Although I could be wrong... SO I guess this is a 2 part question... Part 1: Do you believe in the possability of demons (or their equivilant)? Part 2: What are your feelings and beliefs surounding "Demonic Possession"?

*When I say I have a belief in demons I don't mean "damned angels" as they are defined by the Christian faith. My belief is in beings of pure evil. Beings not of this world, but present here none the less.

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. I do not believe in demons. I personally believe that most people's demons are a manifestation of negativity in themselves.
    Anonymous

• I dont believe in Demonic Possesions. As far as Demons in general, I don't know yet. I've just recently gotten into Paganism.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 4:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yup, they exist. It would be silly not to be aware that there can be no good without evil.

Why else would we bother cast protective circles? Wear pentagrams? Consecrate doors and windows?

This is why we have to be absolutely open and aware of all possibilities, positive and negative, that can come from spellwork.

I've never experienced full scale demonic possession, so I can't say for certain, but if people can be infused by the spirit of good why not evil?

Feh! We're just finger puppets lol!
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 4:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I believe that demons are entities that have always been on earth and have never known life in mortal form.

I think that most demonic possession can be attributed to mental illness. Other cases could be spiritual possession or "obsession". Very rare is the case of possession an actual demon, IMHO.

BTW, I hope you don't mind my answering even though I'm not a pagan. I felt like it might fit in here,though, since it goes against the "normal" Christian belief. :-)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• jennijune - your thoughts and comments are always more than welcome...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I believe, personally, that the "good" and the "evil" are all inside of us!!  We are all both
    Angels/good spirits/'God(dess)' and demons/bad spirits/'Devil/Satan' are merely representations of those energies within ourselves.  I do not believe they are physical or supernatural 'beings.'

Anonymous

• Hey Jennijune! I don't mind answers from the God Squad, but be very careful!

*whispering* other xtians might think we're tryna seduce you with our evil pagan ways! lol!!
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 5:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I dont believe in demons like snarling, fire breathing type critters.
    I do believe there are evil filled beings who hang around after they've been here. I think there are people born who are just rotten and their souls are that way as well. I think they can change that if they want to.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 5:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Demon is a frightening word for "dark" entities that perpetrate unspeakable acts against white or light entities. They are truly negative and if you allow them to get into you, they can disrupt homes, etc. True possession, I just don't know. I don't believe in the devil but more devlish behavior from dark people. I don't believe in hell, but I think these entities exist and when they die, they either reincarnate to be evil always or live on a different plane that white entities never see.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't know if this counts, but I believe in the the Evil Spirit and or the Essence of Evil... I don't believe in what you see on tv such as big ugly monsters and such... but the spirit of evil (I hope you know what I mean) I also believe in that these spirits/essences do not reincarnate as quickly as people with good hearts do... so I believe that these entities do try to take over a person...(kwim)

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2009