What can I get for a baby shower?

I want to get something really special and thoughtful for my sister-in-law she's expecting her first baby. No one knows if it's a girl or a boy... so I need to stay away from the blue and pink stuff. They want to be surprised when they finally give birth to the baby. Anyone have any good ideas for gifts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Shopping

• a diaper cake!!!
    bmattacch

Answer by bmattacch at 4:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• You could do a spa day and have her belly put in a cast for her. Most spa's that do prenatal massage off casting as part of the packing or you can just have that done. Maybe do a pregnancy photo shot for her if she hasn't had any taken yet.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• a diaper cake? not sure what you mean?
    Anonymous

• You can get a clothes line and some pins and attach ALL KINDS of things and attach it on to the line. Then when she pulls out the line it will stretch ACROSS the room:):) I did this to my BFF and it was SO FUNNY!!! You can do like a binki, 1 onsesie in one spot and then more further down the line. Open a package of face clothes and put them in seperately and SO ON!!! I did this and bought mostly everything off the clerence rack and you can even do some stuff from the dollar store. GOOD LUCK!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 7:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Get a highchair. Get one that matches the color scheme of her kitchen.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• At baby showers, people want what they need. Did they give you a registry? If not, see what they have. Anything they need, add that to your list.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• at my first baby shower my sis sent me to a weekend trip and she went out and bought every thing that i did not have for the nursry and she painted and set it all up she got toys and a crib every thing
    newmom461

Answer by newmom461 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2009