Do you think that "Second Wives" have bad reputation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, I hate my Dad's second wife. She tramped her way into his life. He was gullible enough to buy into her crap and leave his family. My Mom raised 3 kids with no child support or PA. She had never even had a job. She worked 2-3 jobs to support us. Meanwhile, Daddy was partying away with miss $lut. He even adopted her kids. She "charged" him into bankruptcy. Who has $200,000 worth of department store credit card charges??? One of Daddy's new kids is in the pen and Daddy and $lut are raising his 4 kids. Daddy is broke and due to a heart condition is now unable to work. Is $lut picking up the slack? No way. She is plenty young to work, but to lazy and a lush to boot. She showed up at my sister's graduation drunk and with her mini skirt on wrong side out. Bad reputation???? Ha.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yes! specially if the first wife has kids
    Anonymous

• Not sure what that bad reputation may be.. Someone feel free to fill me in.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Are you talking polygamy here, or marrying a man that has already been divorced. I don't believe in polygamy, so yes to that.

No, to the other. I know many woman who are MUCH better wives then their husbands first. I have never heard of a second wife having a bad reputation, that is VERY ignorant for anyone to think that.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• The second wife is seen as the husband/father stealer.
    Anonymous

• "The second wife is seen as the husband/father stealer. "

Nah- I dont really think that when I heard of "Second wives"... No one can truly steal a man as long as the man is willing anyway :P
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• what? I think this should be in relationships section, but ohh well....
    I have plenty of friends that are the 2nd, 3rd, 4th wife even.. No bad rap. Life's what YOU make it... (ohh geeze, I think my daughters Hannah Montana CD is stuck in my head)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Depends on how big of a B the first wife is ;)
    Anonymous

• I do understand your question...my Mother has a good relationship with my brother ex-wife (first wife). But unfortunately she won't allow the opportunity to get to know my brother's new wife (second wife).
    Anonymous

Sounds like my situation.. my exfiances mom (the grandmother to my 2 boys) LOVES the hell out of me, but cant stand his new gf.. But thats really the gfs fault, shes weird and gives everyone the cold shoulder.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2009