I have a dot..like a pimple on the tip of my tounge and it hurts...do you know what it is?

I have been tested for std's and has come up clean...any ideas? I had to put my son's orajel on it to make it bearable...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Health

• A Lie Bump. Well thats what my mom called it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie_Bumps
    bmattacch

Answer by bmattacch at 4:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Its a swollen taste bud and it will go away in a day or two. They hurt like hell!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 4:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Infected taste bud

Answer by louise2 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• it's an infected taste bud I get them alot if i eat really spicy, salty, or hard foods (like hard candy) and it cuts me or something. just swish around warm water in your mouth and it should go away.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 4:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• We call them a "I wanna bump" at our house. I think it is probably just an infected tastebud.
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 4:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• a tastebud that's on it's way out. You just killed a tastebud. They hurt like heck until they fall off.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Swollen taste buds. I just rub it on my retainer and it pops. It should go away.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2009