formula feeding moms any new 411

just wondering if anyones herd anymore bad things about baby formula recently? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not any formula feeding moms, but I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses from breastfeeding moms warning you about the 'poison' that is formula *rolls eyes*
    Anonymous

• Not that I have heard of. I know Similac just released a better formula :]
    bmattacch

Answer by bmattacch at 5:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No I havn't heard any bad things....what did you have in mind?
    Anonymous

• "Not any formula feeding moms, but I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses from breastfeeding moms warning you about the 'poison' that is formula *rolls eyes*"

LMAO that is funny about the !GASP! poison!!! hehe it apparently hasn't affected or offended anyone because there are more formula feeders than breast feeders! lol
    Anonymous

• Nothing recently. The only thing I can think of is that I read that powdered is safer than liquid just because BPA can't seep from the container into the powder only into the liquid...but I think most manufacturers are moving away from containers with BPA anyway.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am a breastfeeding mom and don't see any problem with people giving babies formula. Please don't lump us all together.
    Anonymous

• The BPA thing in the liquid cans is all I've ever heard really.
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 6:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Only that they found a chemical used to make rocket fuel in certain formulas, BUT, they didnt release which ones and are trying to say trace amounts wont hurt anything and that its also in the drinking water so breastfed babies would also be exposed to it, just in lesser amounts and they say the issue comes when the tainted formula is mixed with the tainted water because that is increased exposure to the formula fed infant.
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 10:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2009