Why is it that alot of hardcore religious people are the ones that are charged for murder and other wacked out stuff?

The Pastor's granddaughter who is 28 yrs old and charged with raping and murdering that little girl Sandra in northern California! They all claim she is very religious and she even was a volunteer sunday school teacher!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My personal opinion....a Christian is not just someone that believes in Christ. He is someone that follows the teachings of Christ and has a relationship with Christ as well. I fail to see where Jesus taught murder in the Bible.

As to whether or not Hitler was a Christian, well....I guess only God knows that! He surely wasn't living a Christian lifestyle!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• They aren't the only ones who are ever charged with murder or "other whacked out stuff." I think people just find it more shocking.
    Anonymous

• It says "alot"....not only ones
    Anonymous

• any one can commit murder or any other hideous crime. religion has nothing to do with it.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 5:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• oh well last I checked religion has alot to do with it....supposedly christians are not suppose to commit murder...
    Anonymous

• If it is such a strong belief in the ten commandments, how could a so called christian be able to do that? There are many cases where this has happened. Don't attack op because some people are ashamed of fellow christians
    Anonymous

• Pedophiles like to be surrounded by children, hence this nut was a Sunday school teacher. Also, pedophiles like to be accepted by society as it makes their endeavors much easier. They often seem to be wonderful, likable people, but their motives are sinister and disgusting.
    Lynds071203

Answer by Lynds071203 at 5:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• That's quite the assumption there, isn't it? Considering a LARGE population of this country claim a religion of some sort. Mental illness and instability doesn't skip over the Christians.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• BTW, she may claim to be a Christian, but it doesn't take a genius to determine that she was not living a Christ-like existence.

OP, is this your method of attack against Christians? Is your argument that all Christians are bad, b/c this lady is bad? If so, t's a weak and ignorant argument.
    Lynds071203

Answer by Lynds071203 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Only one serial killer I can think of that "claimed" to be religiousand that was BTK. I agree with pp, it's because people are "shocked" when they see someone religious commit a crime. In other religions....suicide and homicide are not considered murder but the right to passage in an afterlife.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2009