How much to afford a "Disney Trip"?

I know of smart travelers who always get the best deals... I need your help.

We are a family of 4 (dh, mom, toddler, and third grader). We live in Long Island, NY.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Travel

• I did the buy four nights at a resort w/ tickets, then get 3 nights and tickets free. We also picked a dining plan, and are staying at a mid-level resort, not value. With air, I think our total is $3300 for a week. We have 5 people. I could have saved a little more is we stayed at a value resort. They are doing a deal now where you get the dining plan for free. This is our first trip, and I feel good about staying for 7 nights, 8 days with this amount. I was told by a few others, that I did good job.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• You're best bet is to go with a package deal. You will find info on disneyworld.com (I think that's their website, now I'm not positive - just google it). You can get deals on hotels/park tickets/dining, and maybe even air fare. We just came back form there in March (from NY also) and quite honestly I lost track of how much I spent! But I also visited other places in FL, so I can't really say exactly what the whole Disney thing cost.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2009