Do you buy your kids clothes or toys on days other than holidays?

I do. My brother and his wife don't. They strictly wait for holidays and birthdays.

BubbysMom208

Asked by BubbysMom208 at 5:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• I buy clothes whenever I find something I like on the sale rack at the places I shop. I "shop ahead" by a size or two so that when the seemingly overnight shift from one size to the next occurs, we're prepared.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I buy little outfits here and there.
    Mainly at target or walmart because they are super cheap.
    bmattacch

Answer by bmattacch at 5:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I do! I love love love to buy my daughter presents!!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 5:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• If I find cute clothes or something I buy them for her and I buy her toys just whenever, not like really expensive toys but usually like $5-$10 toys maybe once a week. Like last night she wanted a Cars book that had a flashlight and made noises at certain parts of the book and it was like $15 but it was a book so it was ok. She's 3 and knows sometimes she gets things but she doesnt expect it everytime we go somewhere. Most people say/think if you buy them things ALL the time then they expect it but thats not always true.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I do. I have a hard time going shopping without picking up something for the kids, but if its a toy, its rarely more than $5 (maybe a book or ball) unless its for some special occassion. Clothes I get whenever I see a good deal because they always need them.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I only shop for them if they aren't with me, I only buy toys on birthdays/holidays, as for clothes I buy them in the Fall for school and Spring for summer clothes..
    Their biodad is a disney dad so everytime they're at the store they think it's time for a new toy... It's not easy to say no but I'm firm about it and tell them that we have to save our money for the dr, dentist, house, lights etc and they don't complain.. They know what's going on, and their Dad will find out soon enough that he can't buy their Love...
    I have always lived by the fact that the more you give over time the more they will expect.. I don't want our boys to turn into spoiled brats...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 5:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I do if they have been good
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yes, if cheap and cute.
    Anonymous

• of course...not so much one the toys and never anything big but once in a while. And clothes for sure. Kids need those I don't think of clothes as a present that should only be given on holidays or birthdays. It's something I would get or have been given as a present which is cool but I don't think it should be something you only give them on a holiday. If that makes sense.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• well my daughters birthday is the week before xmas so i definately buy her stuff more than on the holidays and her bday. we usually run major errands together every two weeks or so and she is allowed to pick out a small toy and a book. she usually wants bubbles or a ball or something like that. as for clothes, shes 3 so she grows out of stuff quickly still so of course i have to buy her new stuff, theres no way she could wear last spring/summers clothes now they wouldnt fit
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2009