virus protection

does anyone know where I can get free computer virus protection?
Pleeeease let me know!!!
Thanks.

einsteinmom

Asked by einsteinmom at 5:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Shopping

• IE has Defender, if you have IE.
    Consumers Reports suggested for free protection: Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic 7 (replaced by Free Antivirus 8 which is claimed to be faster). It also recommended Defender. Spamfighter Standard "is a very good supplement to the spam filter in your e-mail application if you require it."

Answer by Bmat at 5:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• correction, I said IE, but it is Defender from Microsoft- go to their website. It come free with Vista.

Answer by Bmat at 5:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• www.free.avg.com
    We install that on our customers computers at work if they dont have VP before we install our software. I have it on my computer at home. It's got a free version and one you pay for but the free version works just as good.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2009