Why didn't anyone warn me about this part of having kids?

My son is turning one this Friday, and has been developing a lot of new abilities lately. His newest development is taking off his pants. Today he learned how to take off his diaper as well. My little man took off his diaper, and had poop all over him and his bed. It was sooooo gross. Why didn't my mother, sisters, or friends warn me about this?

1and1make3

Asked by 1and1make3 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Been there!! My oldest (now 13) decided to take his diaper off and paint the walls in his room with his poop. Now that is gross...
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• haha I was warned about it.
    Lily has known how to take off her pants for a while now.
    And she keeps her diaper on because I have a onsie on her
    but she will stick her fingers in her diaper and play finger paint
    with her poo. Oh god its horrible. Im so sorry nobody warned you.
    But its apart of motherhood. Most of us has had this happen one
    time or another.
    bmattacch

Answer by bmattacch at 5:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• LOL yeah that will happen its just one of those things you forget about I guess. LOL! It will pass in a couple months. Just be patient and try not to kill him. LOL My niece did that all the time. she would go out of the room then come back in diaper in hand and stare at us will she peed on the floor. Oh good times :)

Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 5:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• See, all the rest of us like to hear the stories when they happen, so if we had warned you, you would have been prepared for it, then we wouldn't hear the story. And don't feel bad. All three of mine have done it. My littlest (Lily) can even get the onsie off, so it doesn't help.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Time to break out the duct tape. Put a little piece over the diaper tabs until you are ready to potty train.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• haha DANI my daughter does that!!!! just a phase they go through! i think they just like to be naked.
    renee1986

Answer by renee1986 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I think more experienced moms leave things out on purpose. I used to ask my mom and others questions about what things were REALLY like before I had my daughter. They always just bat their eye lashes and gave me a coy smile, followed by a "It's great being a mom. Don't worry, you'll get through it". Enter Katie. Every time she does something infuriating, all of those women are the ones who giggle into their hands and turn away so I don't see them smirking. I think these more experienced moms find it sooo amusing. But it's a right of passage. We all encounter something that leaves us stumped as to WHY it's not included in any of the fifty manuals we've read or why we haven't been forewarned. But it's really very simple. They want to laugh at us...and laugh they will. But fear not! Once we've paid our dues and know the ins and outs...a first timer will approach us, and we'll get to say "...Oh don't worry..."
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• lmao
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Haha, I didnt warn you cuz trey hasnt done that! He takes off his diaper but no poop or playing with poop! So Sorry!
    TreysMommy0717

Answer by TreysMommy0717 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• lmao

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 9:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2009