1 year old normal weight?

My daughter will be one year old on the 24th of this month.
Last time I took her to the doctor was at 11 months and she was
19lbs 6oz. And about 26 inches I think. She was 8lbs 2.5oz and 19 1/2 inches when she was born. Shes sooo petite. But eats so well. I mean this
child eats all the time. Seems like she is always in her high chair lol. My
question is if she is at a normal weight? Should I be feeding her more then I do which is 2 handfuls of cereal, half banana, 6 oz of formula in the morning. 4 chicken nuggets, 1 hot dog, or 2 pieces of deli meat along with crackers and cheese. And a hot dog or chicken nuggets or whatever we are eating for dinner. Along with a snack inbetween lunch and dinner. With juice and milk. And she gets a sippy of milk when she goes to bed. She acts full after each meal because she starts to throw the food on the floor. Anyways. Is her weight ok?

bmattacch

Asked by bmattacch at 5:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• wow that is WAY more then my niece eats and she is healthy as can be. As long as she is eating I think it is ok
    Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 5:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• ya its just I had a friend that took her 7 month old in for a check up and she weighed more then lily. And it just kinda got me concerned on Lilys weight. Shes just so tiny. Everyone comments how tiny she is and its like OMG I FEED HER I promise lol
    bmattacch

Answer by bmattacch at 5:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am sure she is eating enough. If she wasnt she would let you know that she is still hungry. Thats a good weight. My son who is 14 months old weighs 23 lbs
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My son eats all the time and anything, but, he is 13 and is 4'10" and 76lbs. Very skinny. But, healthy as a horse. Maybe she will be just a tiny women. My mom was 4'10" and 88lbs. when she graduated high school.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My dd was 19lbs. at her 12 month appointment. She is growing steadily right along her own little curve, in the 25 percentile for height and weight and she is just fine. So it sounds like your dd is just fine too.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 5:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My LO was 17.3 lbs at a year. He is short too. I wouldn't worry, I am not. If my doctor was concerned I would be,but I was a tiny kid and apparently so is my little Patrick.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My daughter is almost 2 1/2 years old and only weighs 25-26 pounds. She goes through these phases where she wants to eat a lot and then the next day she does not want to eat very much.
    victoriamom2007

Answer by victoriamom2007 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Only one of my three kids hit 20 pounds by one year and they are all very healthy. My twins are now almost 20 months; one weighs 22 pounds and the other weighs 23 pounds. My older daughter is 12 1/2; she is 5'2" and weighs between 70 and 75 pounds.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Helena was 16lbs when she turned one....and stayed that weight until about for the LONGEST time,and was perfectly healthy!She gained 10lbs from her first birthday until her second birthday when she weighed in at 26lbs and has stayed at that weight since!
    MrsApple

Answer by MrsApple at 9:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Your child is right on track for her.Each child is different so you can't go by what other people say she should weigh.I would address any concerns I had to my childs doctor but I'm sure the way she eats she's fine.My oldest niece was only 13lbs at 1 year old and she's a normal vibrant 9 year old now that weighs right where she should for her age range.
    kidcrazy0i812

Answer by kidcrazy0i812 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009