When did you start lactating?

I'm at 30 weeks and am starting to lactate. I was wondering how much I should expect to actually lactate/leak. I didn't even notice I was leaking until I showered and there was a spot on my bra.

So my question is all of the above and any personal stories you can share to help?

TotallyWarped

Asked by TotallyWarped at 5:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i started to leak when i was 31 weeks, at first it was just when i go in to the shower or when my breasts would be caressed, then i realized that when i got hat/warm i would leak. well around 35 weeks i needed two breast pads a day!!! anything at all touching them would cause leackage.my son was born the 37th week-healthy and with the milk supply of twins lol
    hope my story helped.! (btw: always carry an extra shirt-you never know)
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• like.. 35 or 36 weeks...i didnt think id ever start lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 5:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Some women leak a lot, some leak only a little. For me, it's just a small leak here and there and has been since like 25 weeks. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I leaked a lot starting at like 25 weeks. Just wear breast pads. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of colostrum and milk for the baby.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 6:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2009