My adult son is Autistic, lives on his own and would like to date. He is not Asperger's, although if he hadn't been a bit oxygen deprived at birth, he might have been. He has explored dating websites himself, but they haven't been appropriate. Anyone know of something better.

potlady

Asked by potlady at 5:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• A friend of mine does 8 minute dating. I think the website is 8minutedating.com. But you can google it too. It has you do a little survey to match you up with people, and then it is like a speed dating session. He has done it twice and really likes it.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 5:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• what about eharmony?
    bmattacch

Answer by bmattacch at 5:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Has he thought about joining a group that is centered around something he is interested in and then going from there. Like alocal book club or that kind of thing. That way, he will know he has something in common with any woman he meets.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Im sorry, I dont have an answer to your question but,I think its so awesome that your son is wanting to date! My son is 8 and I only hope that some day he'll live on his own and be pursuing dating! :)
    JenniferDeegan

Answer by JenniferDeegan at 2:00 AM on Apr. 17, 2009