Idea's for meat prep. for my 10 month old.

Hi there, I want to be able to give my son what we eat! When I make chicken, roast beef etc. How ever, I'm not too sure how to prepare it for him, so that he won't choke on it..other then small pieces and perhaps mashing it with a fork a bit. I just feel like it won't be mushy enough, so I'm wondering if any mommy's out there have any idea's I can apply, to get the meat down safe!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would cut my kids into longer strips for easier handling so they could nibble pieces off it, and the older they got the smaller the pieces they got, unless they like to stuf things into their mouth whole then small pieces would be ideal
    emleejane

Answer by emleejane at 6:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• When I let him do it, he shoves more in his mouth then he should lol. So I kinda just give him small pieces, I think I'm a bit too careful though...I give him pieces the size of the lead on the end of a pencil lol. I think I might try to make it a bit more moist with cottage cheese!! I was reading stuff on the internet too.
    Anonymous

• I just diced up pieces and gave it to them starting at about 8 months I think? I know they were eating it that way at 9 months.

But they were chow hounds.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2009