i lost 44 pounds do you think that will help me get pregnant or should i lose more

im at 173, i was 217 having a hard time getting pregnant if i try now do u think it would help i had no trouble with first baby i think it was my weight this time im 5 4"

rockabell2003

Asked by rockabell2003 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would continue to eat healthy and exercise, but I think your losing the 44 pounds is great!
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 8:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Except for other possible health issues related to weight, I don't know that a heavier weight itself makes you less likely to conceive. But you may feel healthier and more active if you choose to lose more weight. Being healthier may also help your blood pressure and things like that that they watch when you are pregnant. Congrats on all the weight you've lost. Hope you feel healthy!
    Learning2Hope

Answer by Learning2Hope at 8:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I researched this for a little while for you, and found that being overweight does tend to lower the success rate of not only trying to conceive, but pregnancy as well. The research I found says that you should try to lose the weight at least six months before TTC. I couldn't find any statistical results, though, for simply being overweight. It does say, however, at your previous weight, that you had a 26% less chance of conceiving. I hope this infomation was helpful, and I think it's wonderful and amazing that you were able to loss that weight! My mom has struggled with weight issues for years, and I see how hard it is on her, and commend you for your dedication! If you want to know where I found my research, or you just want to talk, you can message me anytime! GOOD LUCK!!!
    Erin1108

Answer by Erin1108 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2009