my 2 month old daughter refuses to stay awake during the day but at night.......what can i do i tick and talk and play with her but she just wants to breastfeed and sleep

how do i get her to stay awake? how do i get her to stay awake
during the day?

DenaCraig

Asked by DenaCraig at 3:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most babies sleep alot at this stage....they usually wake every 2-4 hours to eat and then go off to dream land. Is she up too much at nite? She may have her days and nites confused. If so you can undress her when she is nodding off and just play with her...baths are a fun way to keep them up. good luck
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• If you suspect she has her days and nights mixed up, get her into bright sunshine (or as bright as possible) within one hour of when you want her to wake up. Try to have bouncy, noisy activities during the day, with quieter things right before naps, set up and follow a good bedtime routine. It may take a week or so to get her to switch.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• During sleep is when she grows, including her brain's development, so treat her sleep as sacred. Make sure she isn't being deprived of sleep in the evening and night. TV, lots of activity & talking in the house, electric light all are quite disturbing for a child younger than 5 or 6, jangling their impressionable senses. This stimulation would cause a need for more sleep. Adults need to adjust their routines for young children's health. Quiet, peace, going to bed earlier (more healthy for the adults,too!). Children are like plants, they need what they need whether or not it's convenient. Love them and give them what they need and they blossom into whatever wonderful flower they are.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• my nephew is the same way its becuase they have it backwards to them day is night and night is day but they do grow out of it I'm not sure when but eventully she'll sleep threw the night and be up all day just rember when she's asleep during the day if U can go to sleep also
    Anonymous

• My daughter was like that. I just didnt let her stay up too long during the day and she figured it out real fast, now she's sleeping through the night. Try keeping her up more during the day.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 2:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Well, my daughter is 2 months old and it's pointless to try to keep her awake . . if she's sleepy . . she's going to sleep. At 10pm each night, we go up to the bedroom, turn on the air purifier (white noise), turn on a dim lamp and have our before bed feeding and then it's sleepy time (well until she wakes up for more mama milk) I have been doing this for a few weeks, and she really is starting to sleep much better!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2008