Do u take your children out of school for vacations?

sassylitmom

Asked by sassylitmom at 6:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope, never had to. They get enough time off for vacations.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 6:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• She isn't that old yet, but when she is no, I will not be taking her out of school to get shots. Thats just silly.

The pedi office in my town is open until 7:30pm to allow working parents to get their kids in to be seen without missing work. I plan on taking advantage of that.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Carolyn, vacation, not vacinations! LOL
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 6:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Its good to know I am not the only one that choices that education is so much better than just taking them out of school
    sassylitmom

Answer by sassylitmom at 6:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No, never. Like someone else said they get enough time off and we plan our vacations around that time.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 6:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• LOL

Sorry I misread that, lol. I thought that was a silly thing to do.

Hmm...now that I know the actual question...I don't know if I will or not. Probably not...they get enough vacations throughout the school year for us to plan accordingly.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No, we have taken my oldest out early on a Friday, they have electives after lunch so she wasn't missing any core classes.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yes, I will be taking my kids out of school for a week to go to Disneyworld next fall. My son will be in grade two and my dd will be in senior kindergarten. I am going to take work along with them to complete in the evenings. For a variety of scheduling reasons, the summer won't work for us. We plan to go in late September when school is just gearing up because, for my ds who is in french immersion, the first month will be a lot of review for those kids who were not speaking french over the summer.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Vacation, what vacations? We never go on vacations to take him out of school for, but he does get out for hockey trips, usually just a Friday afternoon, but a couple weeks ago his practice team went to nationals and we let him take 3 days off of school. We have always had the rule though that if he is getting out of school for hockey he needs to get the work he is going to miss and hand it in the first day back.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I think it depends. Some families just can't make it work in the summer due to scheduling and stuff like that. Plus, things tend to be a lot more expensive in the summer. My aunt sometimes takes her kids out of school for short vacations to see family, but they're all good students.

A lot of schools require you to get permission for things like that, and they review your kids' grades and attendance.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 7:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2009