• In the Spotlight:

Is my toddler too crazy about her potty?

I think, this in part might probably be a good thing , but I started potty training my daughter who just turned 3 yesterday, like 3 days ago . I gave her a demonstration with a doll that pee's and , and made a little party for her when she went potty. After that my daughter went right to the potty for that day and peed and pooped . I rewarded her with compliments and treats and stickers on her potty training chart. Now it seems like she seats over and over on the potty trying to force some poo out just to get rewarded? Is this normal , how do I go about it for her to sit down and do her whole poo at once instead of randomly ? Also , I keep her without any undies or pull ups because its easier for her to use the potty that way, is it normal for her to touch her little parts ? should I tell her not to? Thanks in adavance

UniqueKate

Asked by UniqueKate at 6:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOL looks like you did a good job! Congrats! I wouldn't worry about it at all!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• yes it's normal for her to touch herself she's discovering herself, and my son does the same thing he'll just sit on the potty when he doesn't have to go to get a reward, i just mix it up and not give him something everytime.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 6:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• This will pass. She's after the treats and stuff and when she see's that it doesn't work then she will stop.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• They love the treats and it is great that she is interested in going to thepotty so she will get a reward. But when she doesnt go on the potty only give her a sticker for trying. And when she actually goes then give her somethig better like an M&M but only 2 or 3. Or if she likes something else sweet but not to much just enough for incentive to o. As for the touching NEVER EVER tell her it isnt ok just let her know that there is a time and place for that. Tell her that in the bathroom is an ok place for her to do that. try your hardest not to make her thik that it is a bad thing though. just stay on her and dont give up!!!
    shannonsmomm

Answer by shannonsmomm at 1:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2009