Has anyone ever had placenta abruptio? Then got a tear on the placenta?

This is my first pregnancy. I'm 16 yrs old. When I was two months pregnant, I started to bleed really bad like I was having a period. But I wasn't cramping . I went to the doctor right away because after awhile the bleeding got more heavy. Turned out that I have placenta abruptio and that it is rare but common in pregnant woman older than 30 but younger than 20. I never heard of it before but I did look it up. I got put on bed rest for awhile until the bleeding finally stopped (it only lasted for another 4 days after i went to the doctors). Well I'm 5 months pregnant now and I ended up having to go back to the doctors again for bleeding, but this time along with cramping. The ER doctors took ultrasound pictures of my placenta and found a 3 centimeter tear in it. I got put back on bed rest until Thursday, the 16th. Has this ever happened to anyone else???

Sexy_Mama16

Asked by Sexy_Mama16 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it didnt happen to me that way- mines happened when i was 16 also and i wasnt so lucky because it wasnt caught until i went into labor and i started bleeding out- the baby didnt survive because he lost too much blood- but u shouldnt worry because the docs have caught it with u and know how to keep anything bad from happening but most likely they will deliver u by cs- wutever u do just listen to the docs! if they say rest u rest if they say dont leave ur bed dont- just be careful God bless and i will pray for u!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I had placenta privia, if that's the same thing. I had my first at 34, and he was very early. Do what the doctors say. Take care.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2009