If you are pregnant. Do you plan on drugs or no drugs?

Where are you birthing? Hospital ob midwife home etc??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Give me the drugs!
    Anonymous

• I have my first child in 06 and i went naturally because im so afraid of needles and I regreted it soooo bad I was in so much pain! So my birthing plan was to get drugs with my second in 07 but i ended up going to the hospital and having her 5 minutes later pratcially in the elevator she was delievered by the nurses! Lol! the dr go there 10 minutes after I had her. I would get the drugs if u cant tolerate pain that well!
    Anonymous

• with my first i did no drugs!!! 7 hours of natural labor and delivery. now my second on the other hand GIVE ME THE DRUGS!!!!!
    renee1986

Answer by renee1986 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I'm gonna go for as long as I can w/o them but if i need them I won't beat myself up
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• DRUGS, I am so afraid to deliver :(

Everyone tells me its going to hurt soooo bad! AH!
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 7:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Labor pains hurt really bad. And I consider myself tolerant of pain. The difference was that it's not self inflicted pain like a tattoo or piercing. omg it hurts, had 2 epidurals and they were WONDERFUL!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No drugs. 100 percent natural homebirth here. The drugs are too risky, and drug the baby. I don't take narcotics/drugs during my pregnancy, I wont take them during labor. My first birth did have a small amount of drugs, and I hated it and my baby was drugged (which they tell you wont happen and blah blah blah).... So I learned and research and natural is safest and healthiest for all parties involved (barring medical complications obviously.)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• None this time around.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I had my baby at the hospital and I had planned on no drugs. But ended in a c-section but had no pain meds afterwards.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• with my 1st pregnacy i was scared sh*tless and i made it clear that i wanted epidoral and i got it and they had to keep on giving more i felt a lot of pain while giving birth i felt when he cut me and when they stitched me back up and they actually tell you ALL of the side effects and it is not pretty and in addition to all that i was induced cuz he didnt want to come out. and on my second pregnacy it actually went by so fast that they didnt have a chance to prep me for the epidoral i was actually in the hospital 1 hour and she just popped out----with no epidoral. through my experience it was just as painful as my first pregnancy. and you never know maybe it will not even work for you and worst case scenario it might work too much that you wont feel your legs and thats not good cuz that means c-section. so just research before you decide and talk to your doctor. how ever your baby gets here you will be happy that there here.
    gaby6286

Answer by gaby6286 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 15, 2009