will the bar serve me at midnight if my 21st birthday is tomorrow?

i know its a weird question but my best friend can't take off tomorow for my birthday and i was wondering if a bar will serve me after midnight...i mean, technically it will be april 15th...just wondering if any of you knew for certain!

metalhealthmama

Asked by metalhealthmama at 7:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's true that by law they aren't supposed to serve you unitl your B-day, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't. If it's a regular bar with no one to check your ID at the door, I would just go in (earlier than 12, to get that partying in:) & see what the the bar wench or waitress says (the girls work on tips & may let you slide). You never know they may not card you at all. The worst they can say is no. Atfter 12am, though, they have no reason NOT to serve you. Good Luck! Have fun & be safe!

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 9:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• They can not serve you until 12:01 am the day of your birthday. So go out and at midnight show your id again so you can drink. Be safe and don't over do it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• yes I got TRASHED starting at midnight of my 21st it was GREAT dont forget always us a DD
    Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 7:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Don't over do it, or you won't want to go out tomorrow night :) Just a word of advice.

And yes they will serve you at 12:01. But don't try to go to early, because remember they won't let you in before then either.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• yup!
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yup. Please be safe. I've lost a loved one to a drunk driver.
    busywithbabies

Answer by busywithbabies at 7:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yep!! Happy Birthday!
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 7:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I always make sure I have a DD...and if for some reason they bail, I suck it up and pay for a cab.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 7:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Where I live, they go by bar time. Which means they can't serve you till your actual birthday day. Not 1201 the day of. This is California too btw. Better to call and make sure first, to avoid disappointment.
    Anonymous

• When I turned 21, bars closed at 1am.....we used to call 12am-1am "THE HOUR OF POWER!"
    Have fun!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 7:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2009