has anyone had this problem

im 18 weeks pregnant and i found out today by my dr that i had urinary tract infection shes prescribed me antibiotics but the question i have is will it hurt the baby that i have a uti?? it worries me alot so does anyone have an answer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah i got a uti twice and im 19 wks pregnant. No it wont hurt the baby as long as you take those antibiotics and listen to what the doctor says. Good luck! And don't worry!
    Sexy_Mama16

Answer by Sexy_Mama16 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It can if left untreated. Its an infection none the less that changes the vaginal fluids. Take the meds and you will be fine.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• nope...wont hurt the baby...i had about 6 yeast infections during me being pregnant and never hurt my baby :P
    Anonymous

• No it will not hurt the baby, unless you don't treat it. You will be fine - UTI's are common in pregnancy.

From now on, make sure you are going pee when you feel like you have to, don't hold it. That is one of the main causes of UTI's (aside from sex)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Whole different tract, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you let it get out of hand, then possibly.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009