I am 35 weeks pregnant and extremely depressed. What can I do?

darling5505

Asked by darling5505 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try to pamper yourself. Get a prenatal massage, get your hair and nails done. Get a pedicure. Get dressed up and go out to dinner with your SO.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• You can call your OBGYN and see if they can suggest a psychiatrist for you so you can talk to someone, and or prescribe a light anti-depressant. I had that same problem with my last child. I was on light anti-depressant for the later part of my pregnancy and it did not hurt my baby. Even if you don't take the medicine it always helps to talk to the doctors to let them know what is going on with you and how you are feeling. That way they are prepared and so are you in case you get post partum depression.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 7:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• So was I through the whole PG - I have said in the past that it felt like I had post part.dep. during preg. then and I am not kidding you as soon as she came out, the dark cloud lifted. I swear I could feel it - lifting from me as she was comming out. - I know it might sound weird but I am a pretty put together person and it happened. I wonder if anything has ever been written about this sort of thing? Well, I wish you luck.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2009