Still want an answer...CHARTING

Are you saying we really shouldn't feel bad about say the little girl here in California who was sexually abused and murdered by her Sunday School teacher because that teacher needed to learn a lesson? I'm sorry but I just can't digest that as a reason for the cruelty in life. I didn't need to be sexually abused as a toddler by my dad after my mom died to teach him something or to learn something about myself..... I'm sorry but I think it's sick to accept abuse as normal or ever OK, can I ask any of you that beliefs this another question?
If your hubby was sexually abusing your daughter or son would you be ok with it since you all must have Charted it before hand?

lisarose45

Asked by lisarose45 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• ok, i see where lisarose is coming from... a person in their answer stated "And, yes, I believe that people agree to be victim's of terrible happenings. I think most of them do it because they want to draw attention to the wrongs that are occuring"... so and if I'm wrong the person who posted this can correct me.. she's saying the victims.. including children who have been molested etc. agreed to have this happen to them because they wanted to draw attention to the wrongs that are occurring?" My only comment is... if lisarose is angry at this response... I can see why and I can only say wow.. unless the person who said it can give clarification to this answer.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would kill my husband if I ever caught him doing anything to my child. I would not hesitate to beat the hell out of him. No child deserves or asks for it and its something within ones mind to do these horrible things. Its a chemical imbalance in the brain or a family history of abuse that makes them think its okay. One way or another I would cut my husbands hands off if I caught him or if my child told me what he was doing. he wouldn't live to do it again.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• im so lost w/this question
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• HERE: http://www.cafemom.com/answers/177875/Question_about_writing_charts

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I think that your anger over these situations (completely justified) is clouding the idea behind the charting theory...No one says that just because its in your chart its "ok" for abuse to happen. Its just a concept of why these things happen. Its just as valid as any other religious or philiosophical reasoning as to why bad things happen. God's will, the devil's work, karma, ying/yang, etc. They are all just ways of trying to help us cope with why things happen.

And YOU don't have to accept the idea if you don't want to...why are you so angry at others who believe this concept?

You should worry about how YOU feel about what happened and deal with it in a way that allows you to heal. I've been there too, so I know where your anger comes from. But it shouldn't be directed at others who are only giving you their opinons when asked...

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• AND HERE:

Sorry Mozilla won't let me add a link like Internet Explorer

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Ummm, I just answered the question on your other post...I will continue it here I guess.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I copy pasted from the other post:

No, it's not OK just because it is charted. It is STILL terrible and agonizing etc. I wouldn't be OK with it but I would handle it in the proper way by calling the police, getting my daughter therapy and most likely would feel the most hideous I've ever felt in my life. But, at the same time I would know I need to learn and feel every emotion and experience that comes with it. IMO it isn't so much about learning a lesson as the experience. With the case of sexual abuse, MANY people are effected in different ways and have totally different experiences/emotions/lessons that accompany the situation. These experiences are not so much as to change the world but for the soul to grow and change.

I have never been able to accept any other reason for the tragedy in life...Do you mind if I ask what you believe is the reason for pain/tragedy etc.?

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I answered this question in your other post. In addition,  I'd say anyone who doesn't feel empathy due to the tragedy's in the world in not a decent person. Also, some people who believe in the "charts" don't  also believe in an all-powerful personal God (i.e. Father God & Jesus), so it may be just as confusing to some of us how someone can believe in an all-powerful personal God, yet also believe that God allows, for whatever reason, horrible things to take place, when he is fully capable of stoping them.  So, I can understand your confusion. But, I can't speak for everyone, this is just how I see it.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 7:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• But if it's someones belief then all I'm doing is asking a question about that belief, I think that my question is reasonable, I think my being upset at the concept is really beside the point. I really want to know, would someone feel it's OK to allow abuse because they BELIEVE it was Charted? See, people get upset with my beliefs all the time (we as JW's won't go to war for any nation, we don't get involved in politics...) and I do answer them even if they are upset, I ask because I believe people should be able to defend their beliefs with a logical understanding from their point of view.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2009