premature baby

how many of you had a premature baby? how far were you and how much did it weigh?

im 34 weeks and baby is aprox 5 lbs. he has turned and dropped already so im worried that he might come early.

glossyblack

Asked by glossyblack at 7:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did the dr say he dropped or are you thinking he did? All babies turn into the position to deliver at some point some sooner than others. Some wait until the day of delivery. Are you dilated or effacing any? Most doctors wont do vaginal exams until 38 weeks. So he might be lower then before but that is normal.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I didn't have a premature baby. However, my dd turned and dropped at 31 weeks.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 7:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Mine turned and dropped, I was 4cm dilated at 36 weeks and had to be induced at 39 weeks. I wouldn't worry too much if you're not contracting.

On the other hand, I had my third at 36 weeks and he was 7lbs, 20 inches. He came home with me not needing any interventions at the hospital.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Talon was 5 1/2 weeks early. 5lbs 5oz. but he had a condition and had to spend time in the NICU
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My dd was born at 37 weeks, she was 5lbs 3oz. and 18" she spent three weeks in the NICU after delivery.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 7:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• DD was born at 32 weeks. She was 4 pounds and spent a month in the NICU. She is doing very well although she is not talking yet and she is 20 months.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My dd was born at 36 weeks. I had to be induced due to my pre eclampsia. She was 5lbs. 10 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long. She didn't have to stay any extra time in the hospital, I got to take her home when they discharged me! :) I wouldn't worry too much about it. My dd dropped way before I had her! Good luck =)
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My son was born at 36 weeks. He weighed 5 1/2lbs. He was perfectly healthy and went home after the normal 2 days.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My girl had started dropping and was in position at 32 weeks. I had her at 38 weeks at 8lbs 11oz.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My youngest dd was born at 34 weeks 3 days due to my health. I was diagnosed with Pre-E on top of GD and hypertension the day I delivered. Karli was 4 lbs 8 oz, 17" in length. She stayed in the NICU for 3 weeks 1 day. She had apnea issues...her heart rate would drop or her heart would stop for a couple of seconds. She was on caffeine until she was 6 months old as well as on an apnea monitor until she was 6 months. She is 8 months old now and doing great. She is about 14 lbs ( if not more- next ped appt next month) and is 26-27" long. No more caffeine or monitor.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2009