Spin off from a former q: Is porn a form of sex?

And is it wrong for Christians to use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Porn is WATCHING someone have sex but is not sex
    Anonymous

• Just because your a christian doesn't mean you don't have needs. To each their own. According to our chaplin its a sin as it is a sexual act and that is something meant for a man and his wife and not the world. But to each their own.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I think this is a no-brainer, pornography is a perversion of God's plan for sex as He has confined this activity to marriage, one man and one woman. Lusting after anyone or anything is considered sinful and is adultery if it is of a sexual nature. Matthew 5:28 - But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 1 Thessalonians 4:3–8 (NIV)3 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; James1:13-14~“But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is fi nished, bringeth fifi forth death.”
    ...
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 7:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• If you are a Bible believing Christian, porn falls under the category of uncleanness and sexual immorality. Bible believing Christians need to think on things that are pure. And not look on people to lust after them. We are to be fulfilled with our spouse and his body.

I will get bashed for this, and you can do whatever you want. I am not judging those of you who like to watch it. I am sure it is naturally enjoyable and exciting. But the Bible warns Christians to flee these lusts and be pure and holy.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• If sex is for one man and one woman in a marriage, then WHY was it okay for Lot's daughter's to get him drunk and rape him? Why was it okay for men in the OT to get freaky with their slaves/handmaidens and knock them up on God's orders? At what point in the time line of the Bible did it become not right to do those things?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• ihartu- god didn't not approve of every story in the bible. I suggest you read it more carefully. Porn is porn.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• ihartu

NICE! Good thinking!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• legalmommy101

I'm not a flaming idiot. I know there were times when it pissed him off, but there were also times he was totally okay with it. Why the double standard then? Fornication is only alright when it further's God's agenda?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Porn is voyeurism!  Voyeurism is deriving sexual gratification from watching others have sex, which makes it a sexual act.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• "I'm not a flaming idiot. I know there were times when it pissed him off, but there were also times he was totally okay with it. Why the double standard then? Fornication is only alright when it further's God's agenda?" It's pretty clear that you haven't read it by your answers. God was NOT ok with many things that went on. Why does it say he destroyed the earth if he was ok with what people were doing. The story says, he KILLED them all (except moses and his family. That should answer your question.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2009