Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do

my two year old step son was taken from us and placed in the care of his dead beat mom she and the child are liveing with a man that has a history of spouse and child abuse she has no way of takeing care of him medicly and never took care of him not once it has all ways been his grandparents he never even lived at the apartment he lived with his parents at his grandparents house since he was two weeks old she has never even changed him or fed him for that matter and im being told that there is nothing that i can do because im not blood to him but im the only one he will go around any more i was the one who taught him to potty and talk and i changed his pullups and bathed him got up with him when he had his nightmars i feed him his meals i even took him to school with me when he was sick and they tell me that he is not my son i have not slept or ate in four days im so scared any advice i will take it


Asked by newmom461 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 2 (10 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • It sounds like you're the mom in every way that matters. I agree that you and your dh need to document EVERYTHING, and he needs to go back to court and fight for custody!

    Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:36 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • y did the take him?

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • Is there a reason the FATHER of this child is not fighting this in court?

    Answer by EireLass at 7:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • If I were you I would get all the proof you can that she is an unfit mother and have your husband go back to court and fight for custody.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • Where is his father? The father needs to be fighting for custody. If you have solid proof to show she is unfit you may be able to get custody. Get an attorney if that is what you want.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • yes, daddy needs to fight for custody? why would they take him if the home you are providing is fit. in general they don't like to change something that is working well for the child.

    Answer by aly38914290 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • I am sorry when any child is taken from one safe environment to be placed in an unfamilar setting. But, and this may be hard to hear, if you are not legally able to claim this child then you have no rights. Meaning if you are not married to this father or if you are not a relative then you have rights.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • you dont have any rights to this child..

    im sure the mother cares for her own son....

    you have did that happen adopted you say....
    hmmm takes along time for adoption to happen.....and it is expensive...
    seems like you would have tons of money to adopt these too children while living in a trailer?
    maybe you should contact a lawyer...

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009