what should i do about my sons tball coach?

ok so i have said before that my sons coach may be an idiot. There is not set practice schedule, they wait till the last minute to tell everyone about practices and games. My son really isnt learning anything because he spends most of the time waiting for his turn to learn how to bat (which he already knows). ANyhow tuesday night we had a game (i am an assistant coach btw) and the coaches wife called while i had taken my daughter to her baton classes and said that they wouldnt be there cause they had a family emergency. Cool, no problem I get that people get sick things happen not a problem. So the game was at six thirty but we had told everyone tobe there at 6 to warm up and practice a little before the game. Me and my son got there about 545 because i was meeting a friend to drop off some school paperwork she needed . my son adn i stood there practicing catching and waiting. cont

elananme

Asked by elananme at 7:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• the other team showed up and started lining the field and getting ready still no sign of team mates or toher coachers. FInally a mother on the other team since i was the only one from our team there and my cell phone was dead called my coaches wife and the coaches wife said that they had told everyone on my team not to come cause it was going to be too cold. I was so freakin pissed, most of the people on the other team were cool about it they even offered to let my son practice with them so he would feel like he had gotten to play. He was so upset crying big ol alligator tears running down his face lip quivering "Why dont i get ot play mommy" everytime he could catch his breath. SOme of the parents of the other team were pissed off too cause they had dressed their son or daughter appropriately for the weather and broght them out in the cold when they hadnt needed too. So they were taking it out on me! cont
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• ITs not my fault i obviously didnt get the information either. I was so humiliated. I take my commitments seriously and i committed to helping my son have a great baseball year and so far it f**king sucks. I havent heard fromt he coach yet about another practice and i doubt we will and we have a game on monday. Its too late to get him moved to another team but I am going to make damn sure everyone knows not to let their kid get on this guys team next year. I am so angry still if i saw him right now i would probably scream at him or something! I dont know what i am going to do for the rest of the season!! Any advice would be great at this point!! thanks for letting me vent!

elananme

• Well I would find another team or the city you are playing out of needs to redo their recreation on things.

Anonymous

• update we were supposed to have a game this past monday and we didnt and the coach said there would be practice tommorrow. this will be the first practice in two weeks almost three and i am really nervous about going since he knows i was at the game that got "cancelled"
    I really need some advice here thanks so much
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• complaine to the leauge director
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would just take it over completely. Let all the parents know that you will be holding practices at a set time each week. If the coach can make it then great, if not then you will run practice without him. Get the schedule of games from him. Let the parents know that they are to show up to games unless they hear not to from you (if you let them know how poorly things were handled in the situation above, they won't have a problem with this). Do everything you can to take over for this schlub. While you're playing other teams try to get to know other coaches then you can scout out one for next year that actually knows what he's doing!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Is he a guy? thats why I get mad about my sons t-ball team to they ought to have a women there to oragnize everything. lol.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I agree completely with beckcorc. Take over the team. My son had a problem with his cub scout troop like this and my husband ended up stepping in and doing it "unofficially", of corse he didnt get any of the credit, but the kids got to actually learn and participate in some stuff, instead of showing up every week and not even the cub master be there. Ours were held at the school cafeteria, but now we have moved to a different location and things are going so much better. I know it will be more stressful on you to take over the team, but really it beats doing what you are now, and having your son so upset about all of it. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Complain to the league director. Is there a way for you to become the head coach? Sounds like the coach is unorganzied. The only person that can cancel a game is the league director not individual coaches. Does the coach realize that when they team doesn't show up, you forfit the game and it is a loss? Take over the team. Good luck.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009