Did you like the

Did you like the hospital you gave birth at? I liked where I was. Same one for both sons.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• they were wonderful, minus like one nurse
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't say I loved it. The labor room was better than the mommy and me suite. The staff was great and helpful but the room had a broken window that wouldn't shut and we had a huge storm so the wind was crazy in the room.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My hospital was awesome. The labor and delivery room were the same room, and you had it all to yourself. The staff was great, very nice, and very supportive and helpful. I needed a supportive staff since my husband was deployed when I gave birth. I had a wonderful experience and wish we were still at that base so I could have any future children there. By the way that was at Camp Lejeune Naval Hospital in North Carolina.
    Anonymous

• great doctor. very poor staff. had trouble with 4 nurses and they knew it. i complained to 1, she took care of it just like that.
    Anonymous

• With my first , back in 1996.. I thought it was neat because the woman who was my Moms nurse when I was born was my nurse with my son..... She was in her late 60's and still working.... I didn't really like the hospital but having a good nurse made all the difference... My last 2 I had at a smaller hospital and I loved it...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 8:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I did not like Hackensack hospital in NJ back in 1988 because I labored in one room, delivered in a delivery room, recovered in a recovery room, and finally stayed in a regular hospital room during my stay. They also gave my daughter sugar water in the night instead of waking me up to breastfeed, which angered me.

Sentara Norfolk General hospital in VA was very nice in 1991. Labor, delivery, and recovery were in one room and then my stay was in a different room. The rooms were a good size, too.

Williamsburg hospital in VA was the best in 1993. I labored, delivered, recovered, and stayed in one room. The room was huge! What I didn't like was that some male med students walked into the room as I was pushing - uninvited - and stayed to watch. I spoke to my OB about it and she said she thought I gave them permission. When she found out I hadn't she gave them hell and reported them.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i hated it i went into the hospital after having 30hrs of contractions it was 6 am (almost shift change) i refused a wheelchair because i just wanted to walk and the nurse told me if you can walk there is no way you are in labor just go home now they left me on a monitor for 2 hrs w/o checking on me finally the same b-word came in to check on me and she said are you ready to go home w/o checking me then the doctor came in and said i hear you want to go home why when i explained he sighed like they had this problem b4 i was 6 cm and plus 1 then they put me in a gown and i WALKED across the hallway to my labor room where the bed was broken the stupid nurse came in and i requested a new nurse now its 8:30am my DD was born at 11:15 am and the worst part is the same awful nurse was assigned to me the same night after i complained earlier that day about it she the forced me to take a percocet so id sleep and not bother her
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 8:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I hated UAMS Hospital in Little Rock, AR. I reccomend NO ONE ever give birth there. Horrible, judgemental nurses.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2009