Would you be annoyed?

I was watching my 7 year old neice at her house. We were outside and she was playing with her friends, a 5 year old girl and 3 littler boys, while I was playing with her brother on the driveway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She was being rude to the girl so I yelled from the driveway to be nice and she yelled back she was. The other mom yelled no you weren't from her driveway and it annoyed me bc I felt she needed to stay out of it. Later they were playing tag and my neice kept going after the 5 year old making her cry. So her mom was telling my neice she needed to be nice and she had been watching her. I think she needs to teach her daughter to not play with someone if they are treating them unfair instead of correcting the other kid. I know my neice is annoying and bossy but if other kids didn't put up with it then she would have to change. Am I overreacting or do I have reason to be annoyed?
    Anonymous

• WHAT?
    Anonymous

• You should have spoken to the other mother and told her you will handle it. And yes the 5 year old should learn to play with others without crying. Was she being pushed hard or anything? My nephew is the same way, he only wants to play when and how he wants and is a brat the rest of the time like the 5 year old.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• If your niece was making a 5 year old cry, YOU should have stepped in and said something. You were caring for her and should have made her behave.
    Anonymous

• LMAO ANON 8:00
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• umm....i dont think she did anything wrong. if you werent taking care of it to her liking, i dont see why she should stick up for her daughter. if she is there and can see the happenings there is nothing wrong with her trying to take care of a situation involving a child she is either in charge or who is her own child.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Annoyed? No. I don't think it calls for you being annoyed. The other mom saw what you yourself label as inapproprite behavior. My son has encountered children like your neice. I will step in if I think the other child's parent or caretaker is not. Privately - when the other child is not around - I will speak to my son and give him advice on how to handle children like that.

Sometimes the biggest issue is that we're too afraid to speak up and correct kids. If you weren't stepping in, why shouldn't she?
    Anonymous

• ok first of all i would have been mad also in your part your neice is seven and she needs to learn to play nice and not to be mean to someone who is younger if i was that other mom boy you would have heard my mouth come on she is five and your neice is seven.....
    Moonbeam2830

Answer by Moonbeam2830 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2009