O.K. My sweet 8 year old DS asked my why I love him?

Has any of your children asked you that? I said it's because he's my baby. He grew in me. And he's all mine.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Aw, that's so sweet.

My daughters have never asked me that, but my youngest daughter (age 15) asked me the other day if I thought she was completely beautiful. I looked at her curiously and told her I did and she asked then why do I only tell her certain things look beautiful on different days. One day I would say her hair looks beautiful, another day I would say her outfit, another day I would say her eye makeup, etc. I always thought that accenting on specific things was better than generalizing, but I guess I was wrong. Now I make it a point to tell her how beautiful SHE is. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• my 3 yr old asked her daddy that the other day when he said i love you. it was just the whole im saying why after everything. well he told her b/c she was his baby girl and he loved her. she asked why she was his baby girl, and he said "you grew in mommy's tummy, like your baby brother is now, and then came out and we love you" and she says...can you guess???? "daddy, how do i get in mommys tummy?" he was on the webcam w/her b/c he is deployed and i was on the other side of the room crying im laughing so hard at his face, he couldn't see me so all i hear is "OHMYGOD!!! wheres mommy, find mommy, hurry get your mommy" hehe....told him she was gonna ask why, how or what to everything he said, guess he didnt believe me, or hes just been gone long enough that the whole thinking for a 3 yr old thing is gone again....
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009